Accounts Payable Configuration Steps
Accounts Payable Overview:
Accounts Payable is often a Additional Balance sheet account. Accounts payable data as well as handles data processing info for those suppliers. Whenever posts are made in Accounts Payable simultaneously recorded within the General ledger account.
Steps in Accounts Payable Configuration are as follows
1. Step 1 :- Creation of Vendor Account Groups
2. Step 2 :- Create number range for vendors account
3. Step 3 :- Assign number range to vendor account groups
4. Step 4 :- Define tolerance group for vendor
5. Step 5 :- Creation of vendor master
6. Step 6 :- Creation of GL as Reconciliation Accounts
7. Step 7 :- Document types and no. ranges
8. Step 8 :- Vendor Payment Terms
9. Step 9 :- Automatic Payment Program
10. Step 10:- Define Alternative Reconciliation Accounts for Down payments
DEFINE VENDOR ACCOUNT GROUPSCreation of Vendor Account Groups
This Tutorial guides you how to create vendor account groups in SAP FI.
Let configure the below vendor account groups
One Time Vendors
Steps to build vendor account groups :
IMG Menu Path: - IMG > Financial accounting –> Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable –> Vendor Accounts –>Master data –> preparation for creating vendor master data –> Define Account Groups with Screen Layout (Vendors)
Transaction code: - OBD3
Step 1:- Enter Purchase code SPRO inside the SAP control area and click enter
Step 2:- Choose SAP Guide IMG
Step 3:- Stick to IMG Food selection Route and choose Determine Accounts Organizations along with Display Design (Supplier)
Step 4:- Choose Fresh records to create up brand new supplier account group
Step 5:- Update the next data
Account Group: - Enter into four digits Supplier Accounts group code
Step 6 :- Select Save Icon to save the configured settings
DEFINE NUMBER RANGES FOR VENDOR ACCOUNTS
SPRO –> Financial accounting –> Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable –> Vendor Accounts –> Master data –> Preparation for creating vendor master data –>
Create number ranges for vendors account
Transaction Code: - XKN1
Within this menu option, you define the total amount intervals for that number ranges useful for vendor master records.
Once you develop a vendor master record, an original number is owned by know the master record. The amount originates from the amount range that has been defined for that account group.
There is a pair of types of number assignment:
•Internal number assignment
The SAP System automatically assigns a consecutive number from your defined number range.
•External number assignment
You specify several from your external number range.
1. To define a amount range, you need to develop a new number interval:
•Specify an alphanumeric key with up to two characters.
•Specify the boundaries from the number interval. The consumer number intervals should never overlap. Each number is only able to occur once.
•Indicate when the number range will be useful for external number assignment.
2. Then keep the key from the number range within the table with the account groups (begin to see the section "Define account groups and field choice for vendors").
Enter TCode SPRO in the command field and press enter
Step 3:- Follow IMG Menu path to Create Number Ranges for Vendor Account
Step 4:- Select Change interval for creating number ranges for Vendor accounts
Step 5:- Select “Insert Interval”
Step 6:- Update the following information and Enter
1. NO: - Enter NO that you want to identify the vendor accounts number range
2. From Number: - Enter from number of vendor number range
3. to number: - Enter to number of vendor number range
4 .Ext:- Select EXT box if you want external numbering
Step 7 :- Select Save and ignore the warning message press enter.
ASSIGNMENT OF NUMBER RANGES TO VENDOR ACCOUNT GROUP
SAP Path: SPRO –> Financial accounting –> Accounts receivable and accounts payable –> Vendor Accounts –>Master data –> preparation for creating vendor master data –> Assign Number Range to Vendor Account Groups
Transaction Code: - OBAS
Step 1:- Enter transaction Code SPRO in the SAP command field and press enter
Step 2:- Select SAP Reference IMG
Step 3:- Follow the IMG menu path
Step 4:- Select Position
Update vendor account group that you to assign number ranges and press enter
Step 5:- Update Number range key in the number range field
Step 6:- Click on save icon to save configured setting
Thus Number range is successfully assigned to vendor account groups